Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Las Alpujarras











Last Sunday my friend Sarah and I journeyed to Las Alpujarras where we hiked from the town of Pampaniera to Bubion to Capileira. The towns are built on a mountain and visitors can hike from one town to the next although it is quite a good workout. It is a completely different atmosphere than Granada as it is quiet and secluded from the rest of Spain. It was honestly one of the best experiences I have had since coming to Granada and I am so glad the weather cooperated even though the forcast predicted rain for that day. It ended up being the most perfect autumn day with a crisp blue sky. At some points during our hike up the mountain from one town to the next we actually felt hot which brought us back to our days in Granada in August and September. Lately it has been so chilly and I have learned from talking to Granadinos that this weather is unusually cold for this time of year. Well, here are some pictures from my time in Las Alpujarras!



No comments:

Post a Comment